Tuesday, June 30, 2009

United signs Valencia


Manchester United have made their first signing of the summer after confirming a16m(approx) deal with Luis Antonio Valencia!! The 23 year old have signed a four year contract.

And, while it is not expected Valencia will represent the end of Ferguson's spending, the United boss is already tipping the South American to make a big impact.

"Antonio is a player we have admired for some time now, having spent the last two years in the Premier League with Wigan," he said.

"I am sure his pace and ability will make a significant contribution to the team."

Valencia's arrival ensures that Rooney will not be given central role.

"Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me," he said.

"I have enjoyed my time at Wigan but I am thrilled to have the chance to challenge for the biggest honours in club football here.

"Playing in front of 76,000 fans alongside players like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs will be an amazing experience.

"I can't wait to get started."

The Ecuadorian will get his first opportunity on a four-match tour of Asia next month, before the Red Devils head for a four-team tournament in Munich.

"I hope the fans at Wigan can understand that I am an ambitious guy and a chance like this might never come again for me," said Valencia, who will be 24 next month.

"I am happy that the club has benefited from the move financially because I owe them such a lot. I have had a great time here."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Red Devil.. Enter ur comment here..